This Bundle includes two bottles of Mariage de Cana 2014, with rechargeable wine opener set.
About Mariage de Cana 2014
The name itself takes on a highly symbolic meaning since it represents the wedding that happened in Cana of Galilée and precisely in south Lebanon, where Jesus Christ transformed water into wine.The vines are planted on terraces; and consequently the grapes are handpicked during the harvest season, which is softer on the vines and helps with the quality control, such as dismissing under ripe or rotten grapes. The sorted grapes are quickly de-stemmed and crushed. With our minimal intervention model of wine making, the must (or juice) can begin fermenting naturally within 6-12 hours. After around 3 weeks of fermentation, maturing of Mariage de Cana takes place naturally by allowing the wine to rest in stainless tanks to undergo the malolactic fermentation. The wine is then aged in oak barrels to add complexity, reduce the acidity and round the tannins.
- Year: 2014
- Grape variety: 35% Cinsault – 35% Cabernet Sauvignon – 30% Syrah
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks
- Maturing: 18 month in new oak barrels of 225 Liters
- Alcohol content: 14.5%
- Serving temperature: 12-18°C
- Altitude: The vines are located 900 meters above sea levels. They are hand picked and sorted on the spot
- Yield: The average yield per vine doesn’t exceed 2 kilograms. The majority of our vines stretch over ancient terraced slopes and enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Talking points: This deep velvety aged red wine has fresh red and black fruit notes. This wine is complex with a round and smooth texture in the mouth.