- Year: 2014
- Grape variety: 100% Sobbaghieh
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks
- Maturing: 6 months in second use oak barrels of 225 Liters
- Alcohol content: 14%
- Serving temperature: 12-18°C
- Altitude: The vines are located 900 meters above sea levels. They are hand picked and sorted on the spot.
- Yield: The average yield per vine doesn’t exceed 2 kilograms. The majority of our vines stretch over ancient terraced slopes and enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Talking points: Sobbaghie is a Lebanese grape.
The name comes from the word “Sabbagha” which means dye/tint. In Lebanon back in the days, they used to use this grape to color vinegar or as a natural dye. Why? Because it is a grape that not only is red from the outside but is also red from the inside unlike other regular red grapes. So it is very dense in color. Till this day we are the only winery that uses this grape to produce wine. It has a very interesting bouquet and it really is something special.