- Year: 2022
- Grape variety: 70% Chardonnay – 30% Mekssassi (Indigenous variety)
- Fermentation: In stainless steel tanks
- Aging: Directly bottled – To be consumed within 2 years of bottling.
- Alcohol content: 12.5%
- Serving temperature: 8-10°C
- Altitude: The vines are located 900 meters above sea levels. They are hand picked and sorted on the spot.
- Yield: The average yield per vine doesn’t exceed 2 kilograms. The majority of our vines stretch over ancient terraced slopes and enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Talking point: It is a dry wine, medium to full bodied with a bit of acidity and a lot of fruitiness. Very fresh for a warm sunny day.
This fresh and keen wine is a blend of Chardonnay and Mekssassi. It oﬀers a penetrating subtle aroma,enticing wonder to the palate. Les Cabires Blanc is a dry wine, medium to full-bodied. With a hint of acidity that wanders across the taste buds, the fruit intensity reaches a perfect balance.
The vines are planted on terraces; and consequently the grapes are handpicked during the harvest season, which is softer on the vines and helps with the quality control, such as dismissing under ripe or rotten grapes. The sorted grapes are quickly de-stemmed, crushed and pressed in order to separate the juice from the skins, seeds, and solids. With our minimal intervention model of wine making, the must (or juice) can begin fermenting naturally within 6-12 hours. After around 3 weeks of fermentation, the wine is refrigerated for a week at -2°C and then ﬁltered and bottled.